2022 National Climate Events Program Timeline
U.S. State and Federal Senate and House Representative members are invited to recognize 2022 Climate Student Essayist winners from each state during the annual Books Motivate keynote fundraiser event for U.S. student climate publication awards.
- 2022 Reception of Champions Program press release is distributed to national science agencies, high school science teacher associations, student and parent organizations, environmental associations, corporate leaders, and media outlets.
- Student enrollment for Books Motivate High School Youth Programs.
- Personal invitations are provided for participation to U.S. State and Federal Senate and House Representative members.
- Students submit climate op-ed essays to their local or state newspapers for publication.
- Green Academy Spring Session After-School Program (April 5 – May 13)
- Student op-ed and climate essay submissions are received by Books Motivate Foundation for adjudication review by a diverse panel of scientific and policy community leaders. The deadline for climate essay student submissions is Saturday, May 28, 2022. Download the official student registration form here.
- Green Academy Summer Session After-School Program (June 14 – July 29)
- National student climate essay winners are announced for press publication. The public is invited to attend the 2022 Reception of Champions Award Program on Saturday, August 27, 2022 from 12 Noon until 2:00 PM EST.
- 2022 Reception of Champions Awards Program on Saturday, August 27, 2022 from 12 Noon until 2:00 PM EST. Your individual and corporate support of high school student climate essayists, high school science teachers, and volunteer awards makes a world of difference. We look forward to celebrating our new 2022 Books Motivate Climate Award winners, and welcoming you to the 2022 Reception of Champions Awards Program event.
- Green Academy Fall Session After-School Program (Tuesday, October 11 – Friday, November 18)