2020 National Climate Events Program Timeline
U.S. State and Federal Senate and House Representative members are invited to recognize 2020 Climate Student Essayist winners from each state during the annual Books Motivate keynote fundraiser event for U.S. student climate publication awards.
- 2020 Reception of Champions Program press release is distributed to national science agencies, high school science teacher associations, student and parent organizations, environmental associations, corporate leaders, and media outlets.
- Personal invitations are provided for participation to U.S. State and Federal Senate and House Representative members.
- Students submit climate op-ed essays to their local or state newspapers for publication.
- Student op-ed and climate essay submissions are received by Books Motivate Foundation for adjudication review by a diverse panel of scientific and policy community leaders.
- National student climate essay winners are announced for press publication. The public is invited to attend the 2020 Reception of Champions: Climate Virtual Fundraiser on Saturday, August 29, 2020 from 12 Noon until 1:30 PM EST.
- Virtual Online 2020 Reception of Champions: Climate Virtual Fundraiser. Thank you! Your donor support of high school student climate essayists makes a world of difference. This will be an exciting, and informative event. We look forward to seeing you with us in making good waves of change!